The following Policy applies to all websites owned and maintained by Create/Control Pty Ltd, including Create/Control artist stores.
The primary purpose of collecting personal information is to communicate with you about our goods and services and provide you with information relating to your purchases. This includes, but is not limited to, managing our relationship with you, communicating with you about our products and services, and, if you consent, providing you with special offers and news related to Create/Control, our Company promotions or other Create/Control artists.
If at any time you do not wish to be notified about our goods and services or promotions, or if you do not wish to receive any further communications from Create/Control or our artists, you can opt-out of any or all communications by unsubscribing from the first or subsequent email communication you receive or by contacting Create/Control directly. Details of how to contact us are set out below.
Create/Control collects personal information in a number of different ways. The most common ways in which Create/Control collects personal information are as follows:
• Personal information obtained from customers whilst going through the Check Out in the Create/Control Store, or one of our artist stores. If you make a purchase through a Create/Control Website, Create/Control will process your credit card details over the Internet using industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and encryption technology. Create/Control’s SSL and encryption technology on the Site is designed to work incombination with a secure browser at your end to process your credit card details securely when you purchase online via a Create/Control Website.
• Personal information is collected by Create/Control, our artists or their agents via the ‘Subscribe To Mailing List’ option on all sites.
• Personal information is collected when individuals enter competitions or promotions run by Create/Control or our artists for the purpose of running the competition or promotion and contacting winners or applicants for the purpose of sending information and offers in relation to our products.
• Personal information is collected from order forms when Create/Control’s goods and services are ordered by distributors and retailers, for the purpose of fulfilling the order and delivering the goods, and to maintain its relationship with the individual concerned. Personal information collected in this context may include credit, charge or debit card details. If you provide this additional credit information it will only be used for the purposes of purchasing our goods and services.
• Personal information is collected from telephone, email, written and in-person enquiries directed to Create/Control for the purpose of responding to the enquiries.
• Personal information is collected from Create/Control’s business contacts and affiliates relating to our goods and services.
• Create/Control websites may also collect other information that may or may not be personal information. Each time you visit a Create/Control website, its server automatically recognises and stores your "address" (e.g. your domain name or internet protocol address), the type of internet browser you are using, the address of the site that "referred" you to our websites and clickstream data.
Create/Control will not disclose personal information to individuals or organisations without your consent, except in the circumstances described below:
From time to time, Create/Control may provide information to other companies that provide services on our behalf. This includes, but is not limited to, merchandising and ticketing organisations that we use to fulfil our goods and services. If Create/Control does disclose personal information to third party contractors under outsourcing or contracting arrangements, Create/Control will take steps to ensure that those contractors only use your personal information in order to provide the specific services or to perform the specific functions required by Create/Control
2. Create/Control may disclose personal information to individuals, corporations, organisations or government authorities without your consent if it is required to do so by law, or if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act.
3. If you purchase goods or services from Create/Control or our artists, Create/Control may disclose personal information to credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit-reporting and fraud-checking. If we disclose your personal information to credit providers you acknowledge that this information may be recorded on the credit information file that the external credit provider may maintain about you.
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to seek access to the personal information that Create/Control holds about you. However there are some circumstances in which it is permitted or required to withhold access to some or all of that information.
You also have the right to ask Create/Control to correct personal information about you that you think is inaccurate or incomplete.
If you wish to exercise your right under the Privacy Act to seek access to the personal information Create/Control holds about you, Create/Control asks that you make a request in writing to its Privacy Officer. Your request should state whether you are seeking access to all the personal information Create/Control holds about you or to particular personal information (in which case you should specify that in your request). You should also provide some form of identification (e.g. a photocopy of your driver’s licence or passport) so Create/Control can verify that you are the person to whom the personal information relates. You should also include details of how Create/Control can contact you in case it needs to discuss your request. If you need more information before making a formal request for access, please contact Create/Control's Privacy Officer, who can explain how Create/Control will handle your access request and assist you in making that request.
Create/Control will assume (unless you tell it otherwise) that your request relates to our current records about you. These current records will include personal information about you which is included in Create/Control’s databases and in paper files, and which may be used by Create/Control on a day to day basis. To provide you with access to current personal information, Create/Control will ordinarily provide you with a print-out of the relevant personal information from its databases, or with photocopies of records which are held only on paper files. If personal information about you (e.g. your name and address details) is duplicated across different databases, Create/Control will generally provide you with only one printout of this information. Ordinarily, Create/Control will not charge you for the cost of providing this type of access to its records, and it will generally respond to access requests of this type within 30 days of receiving your request.
For legal and administrative reasons, Create/Control may also store records containing personal information in its archives. You may seek access to the records held by Create/Control which are not current records, but if you do so, Create/Control may charge you for the cost of providing access. It may also take Create/Control longer to respond to your request.
Create/Control takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds and controls from such risks as loss, misuse, unauthorised access, destruction, modification or disclosure. The means of protection Create/Control uses includes, but is not limited to, firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions. Create/Control only allows authorised personnel to access personal information, and it is a condition of employment with Create/Control that its employees maintain the confidentiality of personal information.
Create/Control cannot guarantee the security of online transactions and communications sent by electronic means or post. You are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality and security of, and for all activities which occur under, any username and/or password assigned to you by Create/Control in relation to a Create/Control Website, for the purpose of providing our goods or services to you, and in relation to any purposes incidental to the provision of our goods and services (including without limitation any unauthorised use of your credit card).
Create/Control protects the personal information it collects in a secure environment. In storing information, Create/Control takes a number of steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Create/Control employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by Create/Control as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information.
Sometimes Create/Control websites contain links to third party websites. If you access a non-Create/Control website, Create/Control is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site.
Telephone: 07 3854 1488
Letter: PO Box 401, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
Antigua And Barbuda
Bolivia, Plurinational State Of
Bosnia And Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The
Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
French Southern Territories
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Holy See (Vatican City State)
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Isle Of Man
Korea, Democratic People'S Republic Of
Korea, Republic Of
Lao People'S Democratic Republic
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic Of
Micronesia, Federated States Of
Moldova, Republic Of
Northern Mariana Islands
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts And Nevis
Saint Pierre And Miquelon
Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Sao Tome And Principe
South Georgia And The South Sandwich Islands
Svalbard And Jan Mayen
Syrian Arab Republic
Taiwan, Province Of China
Tanzania, United Republic Of
Trinidad And Tobago
Turks And Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Wallis And Futuna
Free Downloads »
View All Releases »
View All Videos »
The Capital| Supp...
Wool Exchange| Su...
Edward Sharpe ...
View All Gigs »
About Create / Control
Terms & Conditions
© Create / Control 2012